Lavender

I love the smell of lavender and I have a big bush in my front yard to enjoy when it is in flower.

While it is in flower I take advantage to harvest the flowers and dry them to use in craft and other household activities.

I cut the lavender leaving a long stalk, tie about 20 stalks together and hang them in my garden shed to dry. When they are dry I harvest the buds and store in an airtight jar until needed.

To date I have not made anything with my harvested lavender, but I am sure with a bit of help from Pinterest I will come up with something soon.

Keep watching this space.



6 comments

  1. Hi Ann,

    I myself love the smell of lavender but I have never thought of drying it, I may just give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shazza, drying lavender is so easy, just harvest, bundle, store and forget. One day when you have time you can then gather the lavender flowers into a jar and store for when you need them.

      Delete
  2. I love lavender. We visited a lavender farm out near Daylesford with the kids a few years ago and we all have fond memories of that day. Looking forward to your creations.
    Your blog looks lovely too, well done.
    Kylie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kylie, thank you for your compliments. I love writing about and sharing what I enjoy.

      Delete
  3. That look like lavender Denutata or French lavender. Love the smell of lavender and use lavender essential oil for pains and in my diffuser to help me with sleeping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, I'm not sure what variety it is, I inherited it from my Mother-in-law. I'll have to ask my Sister-in-law, she might know. I use the lavender essential oil as a sleep aid too, but I haven't got around to making my own.

      Delete

Thank you for taking your time to contact me. I enjoy reading your thoughts and ideas.